WeOwnTV: Providing Creative Space for a Future to Be Realized
- ongoing educationa in film production and computer skills training;
- a program that facilitates freelance job opportunities for young up and coming filmmakers;
- a network that offers avenues for distribution and promotion of WeOwnTV films.
This is WeOwnTV: an innovative approach to professional development supported by a creative and entrepreneurial community of media makers. AND by supporting WeOwnTV with a tax-deductible donation, you can become part of this community. Please join us! *WeOwnTV is a 501c3 organization and all donations are tax-deductible.
Thanks to all the partners and contributors that have generously supported our efforts in Sierra Leone, a youth-focused workshop that began just over four years ago has blossomed into one of the most respected, professional, media collectives in the country. These efforts were made possible by the generous contributions and support from private donations, Spring 2012 Kickstarter Campaign, The Bertha Foundation, Creative Capital, Freedom to Create and a partnership forged with The Bay Area Video Coalition. Thank you!. We could not do it with out you.
In-kind donations of new or gently used equipment are highly valued and needed to outfit and maintain the Media Center in Freetown. Specific needs include:
- MacBook Pro and PowerBook G4 laptops to be used as video editing stations
- HD solid state camcorders
- DV Cameras (prosumer 3CCD models)
- Download complete Media Center equipment list needs, here.
To discuss an equipment donation contact as at email@example.com.